2.8.12

photographer feature: veronica nardulli


Name
Veronica Nardulli

Flickr / Tumblr / Fotoblur

Age
29

Location
Florence (Italy)

Who or what sparked your interest in photography?
I am passionate about art since I was a child, and although my first thought was to design, the time I went on vacation with my family, my father left me his old Nikon F801, I managed to take pictures with this. Then I bought a Nikon automatic 13 years, I've used for years, but always just for fun. It 's been ten years ago, I decided to take it seriously, my photography professor asked me if I wanted to participate in an exhibition at a gallery in Florence, so later I bought my first SLR. The funny thing is that the Nikon F801 that has fascinated me so much, is still part of my team

Who are some of your favorite photographers?
Gregory Crewdson, Claude Cahun, Irwin Klein, Karin Sz├Ękessy, Eve Arnold.

Do you have any formal education in photography or are you self taught?
I studied photography at university, then I attended an annual course at a photography school.

Is photography your career?
art is my future

How long did it take you to turn photography from a hobby into a career?
four years

Do you currently do portrait work (children, babies, weddings, etc) as part of your career or does your income primarily come from personal projects, print sales, and publications?
My work is based on projects for galleries, exhibitions and personal realization

Do you have any tips for photographers who are trying to move from hobbyists to full time and earning a livable income?
yes, my advice is to never lose confidence in themselves, it happens in this work, which sometimes is not good, but you should never give up.

Are you currently working on any photography projects?
yes

If you won a $400 million lottery how would you use it?
TRAVEL

What is your favorite thing to photograph and why?
I don't have a subject or something that I prefer! are attracted by everything I see, the light, colors, people, friends, new cities ....

Where do you find and how do you instruct your models?
I do not have models, I use the same

Do you listen to music while you shoot? If so, what is on your photo shoot play list?
Radiohead, Sufjan Stevens, Iron & Wine, Calexico, The Books, The Notwist

What kind of camera(s) do you use? What is your "go to" lens? Do you have a preferred brand/type of film?
Mostly I use an analog cameras Leica III, my trusty Nikon F801, a 'Agfa and Nikon D80. I like the Polaroid, I have six different angles and each occupies a different purpose. Now I'm using a lot of 35mm and 85mm.

What do you do when you are feeling uninspired?
wait and watch

Future photography goals?
yes...

Describe a day in your life that includes photography:
all day

What does your work flow consist of?
I never really thought about it. My portraits are mostly feelings. However, if you choose, the photo is called "With Me" belongs to the self portrait series. It 'very simple picture. I like it because I was at a particular time of my life. I was heartbroken and felt the need to express myself and my state of mind, and watch them on film and printed remind me of them. Maybe it's the way it has changed the way I see around me, since I'm in the picture, things are not the same. I want to say a chair is not just a chair, a window is not just a window. It makes me happy to see the simple things.

Three interesting facts about yourself?
I moved from about eight years in Florence for university studies. After college I started to work and put money aside for travel. They are constantly in motion, snap pictures of things around me: friends, relatives, pets of my friends, I love photographing abandoned places. I have no idea where I'll be in the next year or even next month. Sure I'd like to visit the North Pole.

What, if anything, do you do to promote your photography? Approximately how much time do you spend per day/week on promoting your photography online?
I spend most of my time to photography, we say every day, through flickr, I managed to emerge with my work, and in my town, thanks to the university of art, I was able to show my work in galleries a number of cities

No comments:

Post a Comment