12.10.10

photographer feature: aleksandra kojić

I’m so excited for today’s photographer feature because this is the first time I will be posting a mini-interview with the featured photographer! Aleksandra was kind enough to answer my questions via e-mail. Scroll to the bottom of the post to learn more about this talented young photographer!

When were you born and where are you from?

I was born in 1989 in Yugoslavia. That country doesn't exist anymore and today I live in Belgrade, Serbia.

When did you discover your interest in photography?
I started putting more thought in what I was doing with cameras a couple of years ago. First came the period of trial and error, and later on I could really hope for better results, while waiting for my negatives to get scanned.

Who are some photographers that you like that inspire you?
I am inspired by everything I see and feel, every day. I couldn't really point out one person, except maybe one man. That's BK, a local underground artist with the ability to zoom the unzoomable, and focus on details in a way that may even make you feel uncomfortable.

Can you list off all of your photography equipment and which of these items you use the most often?
I own a lot of analog cameras, from old Russian ones like Smena and Kiev, to the toy cameras with multiple lenses and fun effects. My absolute favorite is Zenit-11, which I use almost all the time. I usually load it with some cheap Fuji film and just snap away.

Do you think that the price of the camera affects the quality of the pictures that it takes?
Not at all. Some of my favorite photos were taken with the cheapest cameras in the world. In Belgrade, if you look very carefully, you can buy complete functioning cameras with proper lenses for just a couple of bucks.

What is your favorite thing to photograph?
People and places that bring peace.

What do you think makes a photographer a good photographer? Do you have any advice for someone who is aspiring to become a photographer?
In my opinion, anything that makes a good person makes a good photographer too. Take time in figuring out what you like and what feels good and stick to it. Also, most importantly, adopt more criticism than you give to others.

Check out more of Aleksandra Kojić's beautiful photography on Flickr! See the full interview here.

2 comments:

  1. i'm jealous of her rad photo skills. now i want to buy her camera, find pretty people with long, blonde hair and go snap-awesome.

    ReplyDelete